Friday, June 15, 2007

Two Dancing Princesses

Dance, dance, dance!
The girls before the dance. Sydney kept wanting to run and climb on the planter boxes and I just knew she was going to fall and ruin the dress and scrape up a knee! Luckily, we kept her low and slow!

The girls had their ballet recital last night. They only have one performance per year, but it is done to the max. It's held at Weber State and they even dance to a live orchestra! It really is nicely done. Clytie Adams who is the owner is quite a character. She has no problem telling people off about the 'rules' and the girls kept saying she's rude! But, I try to tell them she's just a disciplined person and expects her students to be and that's what will make you a great dancer....even though I agree that she is borderline rude! Ha, ha!
Anyway, we were so proud of our girls! This was Sydney's first recital and she really knew her dance perfectly. She has a great sense of musicality (a term I learned on 'Dancing with the Stars'!), and looked so cute! The first thing she said to me when I picked her up after the show was, 'Where's my flowers?" I told her to go outside and find Daddy and after she gives him a kiss, she can have her flowers! Oh, the life of a five year old!
Amanda looked beautiful and I was very impressed at how gracefully she moved across the stage. A magician comes to entertain the girls while they wait to perform and Amanda was chosen to help and even up getting a cute tissue paper hat! She was so proud! Grandma & Papa Gib came up and we went to get ice cream after. We appreciate them coming up to share these special times!

The girls after with their coveted flowers and their friends, Ellie (the chick) and Hanalee.

No comments: