Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Excuse me, Laura Ingalls?


Amanda had Little House on the Prairie Day at school today. Doesn't she look cute? We got her shortish hair braided and she's wearing the dress my Mom had made me for a Raggedy Ann costume one Halloween! We've gotten good use out of this dress! They wore their dress-ups and played games all day, made lemonade, had a watermellon seed spitting contest and read the last chapter of the book by 'firelight' (flashlights the kids brought to school). What a fun memory!

When I was little, I loved watching 'Little House on the Prairie' and it was fun to hear Amanda talk about the book. When she came home today she said she for sure doesn't want to be a pioneer! They work too hard!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

Mike wore the same dress when he went to school as Laura Ingalls. Only, Mike's school wasn't having Little House on the Prarie day.

Mom Arveseth

Anonymous said...

Amanda does look cute. Her school sure does a lot of fun things, which I am sure make for a lot of good memories.