Thursday, June 21, 2007

Amanda sings and dances and opens the show!

Can you see her above the cell phone?

Tonight was Amanda's 2nd grade program. She was the first speaker and welcomed us all to the show! She did a great job and out of three 2nd grade classes, they only had 6 speakers, so way to go, Amanda! They sang great songs and did some sign language and actions. Amanda clearly was enjoying herself. She was rockin' out! Grandma Arveseth came up for the show. We we excited to see that Amanda liked to perform and didn't have the blank stare that many of the kids did. The scariest part of the evening was that I was in the slide show! Yikes! The kids in Amanda's class were so excited to tell me. I volunteered quite a bit in her class and someone took a picture of me in action. Amanda loved having me volunteer. It meant a lot to her. It wasn't always easy to get there and I had to bring Brandon most times, but it was worth it. Amanda also liked when Sydney, Brandon and I would come to school and have lunch with her. It was fun to see her in the middle of the day and then watch her interact with her friends at recess as we weren't allowed (by Amanda) to leave until the bell rang to go back to class. It's been a fun year and I can't believe how much she's grown up this year. We are still working on a few projects and I will be volunteering 2 more times next week, but this school year is in the bag! Congratulations, Amanda! Dad and I are so proud of you and all that you have done and how much you have grown and matured this year! You are beautiful, Manda Panda!

Amanda doing her part at the microphone. I'm tired of our camera giving us fuzzy pictures!
Amanda and Mrs. Barton

After the program, we went to Jake's for shakes! Thanks for coming up, Grandma! It was fun to have you there and we are glad you and Grandpa are home from your travels!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike, We heard you sported a new bumper sticker on the way to Amanda's program. Is that why grandma is snickering in the picture with you?

CT Arvies