Sunday, June 17, 2007

Camp Out

Our campsite! So, we did our token tent camping trip this weekend! Roger planned a trip up to Aspen Grove by Strawberry Res., and it sounded fun, so we packed up the car and headed east. My parents brought the motorhome which I believe is the only way to camp (unless you can get a nice condo somewhere...hotel?) and Rog and Coze have a nice tent trailer. Since we are not so much the campers, we have stuck with the good old tent! It's a nice tent and when Mike and I got it set up, it was the perfect play place for Brandon. He was in Heaven! In fact, he enjoyed the camping to the fullest. The dirt, the bugs, the sticks, the chipmunks, the food. The only thing that could have made it better for him was to be close to the water...which we were grateful we weren't!

The girls loved hanging out with Kate and were very bummed when it was time to go home (we left around lunch because Mike & I were going out with friends that night). The dog was also bummed when we got home because he enjoyed hanging with the family instead of being banished to the backyard (yes, he is still peeing inside the house).

Now, here's the reason we only camp overnight. The kids didn't go to sleep until well past 11pm. We had to hold Brandon down because he was so excited to be sleeping in the tent with the whole family that you would have thought we poured straight sugar down his throat! Then, Mike always has to make a potty break in the middle of the night and only about 3 hours after that, the kids were up! It was 7am and we were dressed, done with breakfast and ready to play! Now, remember how the rest of my family camps...I went into my parents motorhome and hunted around for napkins, opened all the cupboards and no one made a move! My other bro, Dan brought up his 2 little boys and they didn't even wiggle while I was in the motorhome! It was so nice and warm and cozy that I was really tempted to give them a good morning wake-up call! But, I didn't because of the children! Ha, ha!

We enjoyed a nice campfire and s'mores. The girls were really good at getting the marshmellows just right. And the company was awesome! We had a good time and thanks Roger for getting things together. Now, I'm going to take a nap!
The campfire party. Mike, my Mom (who won't like this pix because she had her hair appt cancelled, but she still looks cute!), Isaac, and cute pregger, Coze.
Rog Dog, Dan, Papa Gib on the back row. Amanda, Kate, Syd & Elyse waiting for us to break out the marshmellows!
Brando and Aidan and Mater. Brandon and Aidan we good at hanging out and finding cool dirt slides.

2 comments:

D and S Gibson said...

I'm sure it was just because of the kids that you didn't wake us.

D and S Gibson said...

I should have added that Aidan loved having Brandon there to run around with, someone else that will get dirty with him and not care