Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!


Happy Father's Day, Mikey! As I sit here doing this blog, I am overwhelmed at how grateful I am that you are the father of my children! You are playing hide and go seek with them in the house and have been playing for a long time. Way past the time that I would have. You are so loving and fun and our kids love you so much! I'm always amazed that when I'm at my breaking point, how you take over and say just the right thing to get the kids to respond. They adore you and you are their hero and you are mine! I love you so much!
And to the other fathers in my life. Dad, I'm so honored to have you as my Dad. There was a time in my life that I was upset about something and I remember you turning to the scriptures to help me and giving me the scripture about a 'time for every purpose under Heaven' and how it calmed my soul. I often reflect on that time in my life and am grateful for a Dad that cares about me so much. I'm also grateful for the sense of humor and love of life that you passed on to me. Not that I'm always funny, but I have learned to look at life not so seriously and learn to enjoy. Thank you for instilling in me a sense of loyalty to family and for giving me 4 fun brothers to grow up with and I continue to love spending time with them. I see how you love spending time with your kids and with our kids and we are lucky to have you for our Dad and Papa.
And Jim, I have to thank you for raising such a wonderful young man that would take me to the temple and honor his Priesthood. You are a shining example to us of integrity and we know that you will always, always do the right thing. I really appreciate how you keep our family together doing fun things, making memories and helping us to keep perspective on the important things. Thank you for being a fun grandpa and playing fun games, like 1-2-3 SWING, with our kids. And most importantly, handing down the legacy of being a Utah man!
I'm so blessed to have all these fathers in my life and wish you the best Father's Day ever and know that Amanda, Sydney, Brandon and I love you very much!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sis,

I love you. Thanks for th great Father's Day sentiment.

Dad

Jamie and Family said...

hey jill!! believe me, i wanted to see you...but it seemed that i would have been a zombie by that point! soooo, i thought maybe we can get together when we come in aug for my nephew's baptism? I will let you know the dates when they are final. you know I still love ya!!! :-)

Jamie