Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Flat Miley does CT/NYC

I'm just laughing at Mike's brother, Steve. Amanda has a school project based on the book, Flat Stanley, only she calls hers Flat Miley because she likes Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana. For those who may not know who Miley is, she's a Disney channel star and also the daughter of Billy Ray Cyrus and his 'Achy Breaky Heart'. Anyway, Flat Miley gets mailed to a place far from home and has an adventure.
Amanda's teacher asked us to give them the name of a friend or relative to send the 'Flats' to, who would do this project and send it back. Amanda chose Steve & Hillary. We are getting bits and pieces back today and I'm just laughing at how serious Steve took this 2nd grade assignment. Actually, I knew that he and Hillary would be so cute with this and really make it great for Amanda. She was so excited to see Flat Miley in Grand Central Station! She hasn't seen the latest pictures, but I know she will love them!
Steve writes about Miley's adventure: She rode the train in from CT to NYC and walked to work through Grand Central Station.
Oh my! Steve & Miley get held up in security at the General Motors Bldg because Flat Miley isn't on the list! Everything gets cleared and Flat Miley gets her own badge. Click on the 2nd picture down to enlarge the tag text!
Miley gets bored doing accountant stuff and wants to leave. Here she is riding in Steve's briefcase.

So, they go to FAO Schwartz where she makes friends with the toy soldier out front! She's lucky to find a friend there that will share the ride home with her.
Flat Miley getting all packed up with her lion friend (Amanda LOVES stuffed animals!) See you soon!

Flat Miley is being overnighted to us today and we'll welcome her back with open arms. Thanks so much to Steve & Hillary for helping us out with this! You guys have so much going on with two beautiful girls, visitors, work, etc. and we are grateful you would take time to make this memory for Amanda! Love you guys!

4 comments:

Hillary said...

This was so fun for us to do, I love that you put the pics on your blog! I hadn't seen all the ones that Steve took because for some reason they would all open on my computer.

Thanks for thinking of us to do this and hope we can help out again in the future. (Although, by the time Syd is old enough to do this project I hope that we'll be back in Utah.) Hill

Hillary said...

I meant to say the pics WOULDN'T open on my computer, hopefully that makes more sense as to why I didn't see them all...sorry.

d.r. gib said...

Wasn't South-East West Jordan good enough for little Miley?

Jamie and Family said...

that is quite funny! I haven't read flat stanley, but I got a kick out of this!

Jamie