Friday, February 1, 2008

Got Snow?

I just want to say that I am grateful for our
SNOWBLOWER!
I used to give Mike the hardest time about getting one because our house in Murray had such a small amount of sidewalk.
When we moved here, I surprised him our first Christmas with a snowblower!
And we are so grateful we have it this year!
We got another 5 or so inches last night
(with more storms expected in the next few days).
Mike gets up like a kid on Christmas and goes out to blow snow at 7am.
The hidden blessing of our snowblower is it makes it possible for us to serve our neighbors. When he was done with our driveway, he went next door to our new neighbors who don't own a snowblower. Then, he went to our friend's who are out of town and did their driveway. The girls are tending this neighbors cat, so they were able to go over before school and feed and play without drowning in the snow. Then, Mike went across the street to our neighbor whose hubby is out of town. Then, down to another neighbor who also doesn't own a snowblower and finally to another neighbor who was out shoveling. By eight o'clock he was done and came in to get ready for work. I'm sure by the time our neighbors left this morning, they were grateful for our
Snowblower and it's Operator, too!
I'm proud of my hubby for being willing to be late for work to help out our neighbors.
Love ya, babe!

4 comments:

Hillary said...

I can't believe how much snow you guys have been getting...what a blessing a snowblower is. Do you know if Jim has used his at all??? I hope he has since it's been one storm after the next.

What a great hubby you have to do all those houses!

Jill said...

No, last time we asked, Renae said she was going to put our names in a hat, pick one and give their snowblower to whomever she picked! He also has a blade for that 4-wheeler that sits in the garage, but I don't think he's used that yet!

Roger Gibson said...

When are you coming to do my walks, chump! I'm gonna get a ticket if you wait too much longer!!

Jill said...

Don't you live in Mayberry like we do? Where's your stinkin' neighbors? Ha, ha