Saturday, February 23, 2008

Not a creature was stirring...except me!

Sushi friends = sushi happy!
When do you think I'll learn?
We were lucky to go out with our good friends, Darin & Elise J (and their 3 week old baby!) tonight for Sushi! We sat at the sushi bar and had 10 rolls ($115)! We sat for 2 hours and had great conversation and yummy food.
The big problem was.....I drank Diet Coke.
For the past couple of years, caffiene kills me. If I drink it too late in the day, I can't sleep. I don't buy it for home, but when we go out to eat, I love a d.c. Well, I downed about 5 tonight. So, here I am blogging at 12:30am.
Kids sleeping
Hubby sleeping
Train horn blowing in the background
I spent a good hour blog 'researching'.
Changed the laundry.
I didn't have to clean the kitchen because of the fabulous babysitter, Brooke.
(When she got here, Brandon pushed me and said, 'Go, Mom')
And I'm exhausted.
Brandon has gotten up every night this week.
When you aren't used to that anymore, it starts to wear on you a little.
I'm anxious to go to sleep because Mike & Amanda are skiing all day tomorrow
and I have to entertain Syd & B
all day long
by myself
Which means I have to be awake
which means I might need another
Diet Coke
Curses

6 comments:

d.r. gib said...

i guess that will teach you!! probably not, I still drink my Coke, it doesn't keep me up. That is probably bad, that it doesn't phase me. hmmmm

Jill said...

I, too, used to be in the 'unphased' group....but not now! Enjoy while you can!

Chris Grover said...

I have the opposite problem -- I drink so much D.P. that it has NO effect on me! Maybe I should use you as inspiration and get myself to the point where having caffiene will actually do something to me! Hope that you can at least say you really enjoyed your drink -- then it makes it somewhat worth it, right?!

Jill said...

I definitely enjoyed every refill! I would have enjoyed it even more if I had it fully leaded (real, full sugar Coke). Maybe next time since I'll be awake anyway!

Jamie and Family said...

Yes, I am in the category of "not really effecting me". I will often be found drinking a diet (or not) pepsi at 11 pm, just for the heck of it. Bad habit!

Ugh, I have come to love sushi! It sounds so good right now! I just cannot get myself to eat the raw stuff, so I guess I'm not a TRUE sushi eater?

Phil, Kellie and Drew said...

Hmmm...must run in the family. Phil has the same problem. No caffeine after 3 pm for him and no sugar after 6 pm or he is up all night too...