Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Random Thoughts for Today

I finished the Book of Mormon today! Yea me! Mike and I started reading together...he finished 3 or 4 months ago, I finished today. Slow and steady wins the race. Well, I wasn't steady or I would have finished sooner. I even read to Sydney & Brandon today. Does that count as our family scripture study? I hate when Mike is traveling on business. I really miss him. He is my best friend and I want to see and talk with my best friend every day. Every Wednesday, I get one hour that all my kids are engaged in activites that take them away from me. I was really looking forward to my hour tomorrow because I don't need to run errands and wanted to sit home by myself and do something or nothing. Is it Karma? I got a call from the gal I visit teach wanting me to babysit her toddler while she gets her haircut tomorrow. She's desperate....guess what time she needs me?

I love how Brandon plays with his cars. Lining them up along any smooth surface and racing them along. The best part is when he does it on the kitchen floor just as I'm preparing lunch/dinner and he gets frustrated with me for being in HIS way!
I'm sad that such a cute face has a little cavity! I'm worried about the trama of filling it next week.
I have been thinking about some of my friends who are struggling lately. I know I cannot help except to pray.

I love popcorn Sunday nights at my parents house.

I love how Sydney is doing her own hair and think it is so cute when she decides not to have bangs, slicks them back and puts her flower clip right in the middle to hold them back!
I love that Amanda went to school today without any problem! She is a beautiful girl and I think she's finding her "happy" at school again.
I do not like to trim box tops....I trimmed 1,353 last night until midnight when Brandon got up for an hour party with me!
My kids are starving because I didn't feed them breakfast because I was reading...no, finishing the BoM. Did I trade something good for something I should have been doing?

1 comment:

Do anything you can afford said...

Congratulations!! Dad and I are almost finished, too. I have found so much information this time through. I think starting over again right after we finished last year helped a lot. I feel I have learned more this reading than ever before. It's a great and inspirational experience. Love your post today. Loves