Friday, February 15, 2008

Post Homemade Valentines Day

(I know you all are wondering how Mike's homemade Wii turned out....I got something way better! Read on....)

I have to say that yesterday was so extremely busy. Somehow, I had to be to both the girl's classes during the day. I didn't have a sitter for Brandon and so he went with me all day which is hard on a 2.5 year old. I also had to teach lessons, go to the grocery store and drive 2 carpools which didn't leave any downtime. I was so glad that I had a sweet gift from Mikey to get me started on this crazy day!

I was so glad that my cute, cute hubby set his alarm, got up early and made me breakfast! His famous, yummy omlet, complete with juice and toast! He was trying to surprise me with breakfast in bed, but I was up trying to get a shirt ironed for him. He cleaned up the whole kitchen and left me a sweet card on the counter. Thank you honey! I loved your gift and thoughtfulness and I probably wouldn't have had time to eat breakfast (or lunch) at all yesterday! I love you so much!

I gave Mikey a couple of homemade bookmarks because he is an avid reader....usually reading 2 to 3 books at a time. I put pictures of the kids on one with a quote about how wonderful fathers are and I put the poem from the card he gave me on the other bookmark with a big I Love You!

Our girls were sweet making a ton of cards for us and even helped Brandon make one. Mike had brought the kids home those big old Hershey kisses and I brought them some stuffed monkeys that whistle-woo-woo. They were very happy! Even though I don't like the 'commercial pressure' of this holiday, it was a great day to remember how much I love these wonderful souls who share my life!

4 comments:

Makell said...

So your saying, that Mikey reads Cat in the Hat, Run Dog Run, and The Nancy Drew Mysteries all at the same time?!!! He IS a machine!!
sounds like a great Valentines day -It was so sweet that you both were doing something for the other person at the same time.:) (the ironing and breakfast)

Jill said...

Yes! How did you know he loves all those books?

Roger Gibson said...

Those cookies look yummy, especially when I'm trying not to eat sweets! Brandon is growing up so fast. Guess it's time to have another one :)

Staci said...

You and Mike are too cute! The picture perfect couple! Happy Valentine's Day! I love you both!