Friday, September 19, 2008

Easy way to help out!


Hi friends! I just wanted to pass this along in hopes that you can help out. I think with the economy the way it is, charity organizations will start to suffer. My Dad works for Operation Kids (OK) in Salt Lake City. It's a great organization that raises money for children's charities. It is a not-for-profit organization and they are always looking for ways to increase their donations.
A super easy way is to have people like you and me, use the yahoo search engine called http://www.goodsearch.com/
It works exactly the same as the other search engines, you just need to specify that the charity is Operation Kids (I have only had to do it once, but check to make sure each time you use it). For each search, GoodSearch will donate a penny to Operation Kids.
It seems like a small thing, but pennies can add up fast.
And it's free for us!
I attached part of my Dad's e-mail. Thank you for helping out!
GoodSearch.com
Operation Kids is now a charity represented on GoodSearch.com. We encourage you to use GoodSearch.com, the Yahoo-powered search engine, for all of your web searches, as we receive a penny every time you do a search! Simply select "Operation Kids" as your charity on GoodSearch.com and then search the web just as you normally would. Or, click this link to get started: http://www.blogger.com/

Additionally, you can do all of your online shopping through GoodShop.com, the online shopping mall which donates a percentage of each purchase to us! Hundreds of great stores including Target, Gap, Best Buy, Barnes & Noble, Macy's and eBay have teamed up with GoodShop and every time you place an order, you'll be supporting Operation Kids!
I love when I can donate to a charity and not use my money! Everybody wins!!!!!

1 comment:

Makell said...

I'll start using that - great idea~