Saturday, October 20, 2007

While the Dad's away, the fam will play

My little witchy-poos. Brandon was scared of the witches at first.

But, the girls loved it!
Mike went on a golf trip with Reed and Kerry for 4 days, so after the usual day~to~day craziness, we needed something fun! I haven't seen my cute cousin, Staci, for quite awhile...It really is sad! So, we planned a trip to Gardner Village to see the witches! I also invited my friend, Holly, along since her hubby is out of town, too.



This witch really can hula-hoop~her hips move! Brandon, Ruby Jane, Sydney & Ellie
The crew: Amanda, Brandon, Ruby, Sydney, Ellie, Hanalee & Jake

Little did we know that we picked the 'Witches Nite Out' day to show up! This is when a whole bunch of crazy gals (and some guys) dress up as witches and par-tay. There is a witch parade at 10pm and the place was PACKED! Now we lived just 5 minutes from G.V. for 8 years and I don't remember this going on at all....I wonder if it's new, or I'm just out of touch with my witchy-side (my hubby and kids would argue that point).

Holly and I were the first to arrive and we took the kids around the cute village. So fun to see all the different witches and really neat animated ones. People are so creative! Then, off to Naborhood Bakery for a kid snack.
Brandon and Ruby Jane petting a cow! Amazing how they weren't even nervous about these animals.
Watching the geese
Amanda loved the little piggies and spent a lot of time watching and petting them
Hi, Mom!


They have this cute petting zoo that the kids LOVED and spent a good half hour in. About the time we were done, Staci and her cute, cute family got there! Since the zoo was so fun, she took her kids there while we went back to the 'dance' area. Holly and I had a great time people-watching (oh, and the people we could watch!). Our favorite was the gal who looked like she was in her late 60's, her face painted like a tiger and her dance moves...cat-like arms as she stole across the dance floor (or asphalt, but floor sounds better). She was a kick and we couldn't get enough of her. The kids danced like crazy!

Anyway, after a few cute pictures with Staci, finding Tate after he got lost, and packing up all the kids in the cars, we headed to Cafe Rio for dinner. Holly had to get back home, and so Staci and I took our kids over to Target. I could buy some more jammies for B, for the ride home. He was going to be out cold after having so much fun this day. I was right! The kids loved Target, of course. They were all doing cartwheels in the aisles and showing off for the cousins.


We miss seeing these guys so much! Luckily, we'll all be in St. Gorgeous over Thanksgiving and can hook up! All of our pumpkins together! Amanda, Syd, Brandon, Mitchell, Rachel & Tate!The littlest of our pumpkins: Brandon and Tate!
Mikey should be home tonight. So, I decided to start painting our bedroom furniture in hopes that it can last a few more years. Crazy idea! First, I didn't figure out until I had started, that I would need his muscles to get all the furniture out. I got the nightstands (of course) and his dresser (very creatively) out to the garage. Second, the paint doesn't look BLACK to me, but GRAY! It's also going to need 2 coats and I'm out of rubber gloves. So, look for the pictures and tell me what you think! I'm not going for more paint, so they better look good gray! Sometime today, the girls and I will get out of our jammies and get primped up ready for Daddy's return! Ciao!

2 comments:

Staci said...

We had SO much fun seeing you guys! I know we always say it...but we really need to get together more often! The kids had a blast! Target at 10pm was the icing on the cake! What a bunch of crazies! It's so great seeing them have so much fun together. We are thrilled about S.G.
Hey, how did you get this cute background for your blog? It looks FAB! Love Ya Cuz!!!

Staci said...

Um, yeah... do you like how I copied your blog template??? Is that nerdy of me?? LOVE YA