Saturday, October 6, 2007

Amazing, isn't it.

I just wanted to make sure I wrote this down, so I could remember to share this testimony with my children in future years when they will fully comprehend.
When President Hinckley announced Henry B Eyring was being called to the 2nd Counselor in the First Presidency, I thought to myself....I know that.
I knew that he was going to be called.
Not as a premonition~
not in a smug I told you so way
but as a silent confirmation of what just took place was right.
I reflected back to last conference as I heard Elder Eyring speak and the powerful yet humble testimony he bore and how it made me take notice. I felt in my heart something would change.
As the speculation from a reporter on the news last night ran through her list of 'who could be called' and 'why he could be called,' I thought, I know it's Elder Eyring.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who had this confirmation. We spoke to Steven shortly after the announcement and he echoed that he felt Elder Eyring would be called.
I know Heavenly Father was touching the souls of His children to just let them know,
this is right.

4 comments:

Jamie and Family said...

I feel similar to you. Thanks for sharing your feelings. It was cool to watch as Pres Hinckley spoke with such assuredness (is that a word?) and peace.

Hillary said...

Thanks for sharing this, it was really nice to read! I wish we could have seen this session (or any session for that matter) live, I love experiences like that.

Do anything you can afford said...

Thanks for sharing your feelings. It made me think about the "that's right" feeling I had as his name was announced. I know the Lord helps us with these premonitions and it's nice to have them with such important matters. Your welcome! They are such cute "monkeys", it was fun. Loves

Chris Grover said...

It really is just how it should be -- I really feel that way! I have always loved Elder Eyring and his humble and spiritual nature.