Friday, October 5, 2007

Date night!

This photo has nothing to do with this post, but I really like it. It's a picture of someone's backyard. I'm hoping my backyard will morph into this someday! So peaceful...

Oh, I needed a date night this week! Luckily, our friends from Murray invited us to dinner! We have been going with this group since we moved and it's so nice to hang out with people you have history with (contrast our ward in Kville) and who like us! We went to a new pizza place by Red Rock and it was pretty tasty. Not American pizza, more Italy authentic. Good company. So much fun to catch up and chat with Charles', Irvines, Wilsons, Brousseaus and Solomons. Thanks to Mom and Dad for watching the monkeys while we relaxed.
I really needed it!


Also, a good recipe group on Thursday. Here's a picture of my Scary Spider Cupcakes that I made. They were funny looking, but fun to make. I don't like licorice gumdrops, so I made some spiders from orange gumdrops and I think they look a little more like octopus than spiders!

I'm enjoying this group of gals. Mike was attending a class, so Amanda tended while I ran a few houses down to recipe group. She does a pretty good job, but if I'm gone for over an hour, then the phone calls start.
Not really a good GNO when you are answering the phone every 10 minutes.

Oh, and we took away Mater's manhood. Neutered the boy! We followed the mobile neutering clinic to Taylorsville. They do it for half the price of the vet. Since Mike was going to the class, he took Mater to his parents to be tended until I could come pick him up after recipe group. I couldn't talk Mike's dad into keeping Mater. I sure hope this helps....the dog needs to win some points. The only thing that is keeping him here is Amanda loving him so much. She hand fed him when we got home since he had his 'collar' on. Very sweet!

1 comment:

d.r. gib said...

which child is having a hard time. if you need any tips, just ask-- we have learned a lot these past few years. good luck! it is great to catch it early