Sunday, August 12, 2007

Mrs. Backer's Birthdays

A fun tradition from the Arveseth's that my husband insisted we continue in our own family is to get Mrs. Backer's birthday cakes! They are beautiful and tasty cakes. Mike loves the frosting. In my family growing up, we were lucky to get a cake made from the Betty Crocker box (we like to eat the powder with a spoon!) and almost never frosted the cake (we ate the frosting separate, too). Mike still likes to tease my family about our birthday cakes! We are celebrating his birthday at my parent's house tonight. I wonder what his cake will look like?
Anyway, the kids and I have added to our Backer's cakes tradition by getting them a gingerbread girl (for the girls) and boy (for Brandon) cookie. They have these cookies year round and I'm not sure why the kids think it's so much fun, but they love the cookies! We picked up Mike's cake on Friday and then all went to Market Street for dinner. He was in Salt Lake doing CPA stuff, so we went to our favorite Market Street in Cottonwood. We got king crab legs (we have the frequent diner birthday B1G1F) and shared with the kids. The girls LOVE crab legs and Mike and I are lucky to get any. When we got home, Sydney went to a birthday party for her friend, Hannah, and Amanda gave Daddy a back massager for his present. We then we dived into that yummy Backer's cake!

No comments: