Monday, August 20, 2007

Little LuLu's blessing

Ok, I like to call her LuLu (I'm sure Steve & Hill will be surprised to hear that), but we attended Emma's blessing yesterday at Hillary's parent's home. I LOVE when babies are blessed at home. Stevie did a nice job and Gary & Barb were such great hosts that no one left for hours afterward! Sydney loves to hold babies and here she is with Makayla. Brandon and Zach chillin' at the kid table. We got a phone call on the way home that our neighbors had found Mater in their house! We finally have our gate up and so he's been free to roam the backyard. Well, that's not good enough and he dug a hole under the fence and went looking for trouble. Thank goodness (or not) that Madie M. found him and contacted us. Mater's not winning any points with us for many infractions right now.
Also, today I had an urge to make freezer jam. Go figure. So, I whipped up a batch of strawberry. I have given some to my friend, Elise, and also plan to give some to new neighbors, so I hope it tastes good! I was watching Barefoot Contessa last week and she made strawberry jam...that's probably why I thought I needed to make some. I like to think I could be a good cook. My house was also unusually quiet today. Both girls were outside playing (I think it's cooler weather today) and Brandon was playing with them until naptime! I have just a few piano students today, so with my extra time.....I ironed! I'm all caught up until I do laundry tomorrow!

1 comment:

Hillary said...

Lulu, huh? That's really cute, I didn't know that was her nickname, I like it!!! I just may have to use it too. It really did turn out to be a good day, thanks for coming.
Also, tell Mike congrats on the dessert contest-he let us try some of those spuds when we were up there the other day-they were TASTY!!!