Sunday, August 12, 2007

Mikey's birthday present

So, I had a little present planned for Mike with his friends from the neighborhood (not Bruce, Steven!) on Saturday. I had a great time keeping a secret from him. He tried to bribe the girls into getting the secret from me (I, of course, did not tell the kids) by offering to buy them bikes, build-a-bear, etc. But, I prevailed. This was a major win for me because for the first 10 years of our marriage, he guessed all the Christmas presents I would get for him. ANYWAY, before he left on Saturday morning to help lay sod at a neighbor's house, I told him that he and the guys were going to Larry Miller's sports park to race cars!
But, the plan was foiled, because when they got there, the race track for the cars was being raced on! Bummer! But, they got to race in the kiddie cars in the parking lot. CRAZY! All the wives decided that we will send them out to try the big boy cars again, but we think they still had a nice time. For journaling sake, he went with Casey F., Tony C.(who have birthdays all within the week of Mike's) and Darin J and one of Casey's friends, Brad. Here are a few pictures of someone racing...not our guys, but you get the point.
Now, Mike says that I didn't really get him a present! So, I gotta come up with something good. Any suggestions?

No comments: