Sunday, August 30, 2009

Flu, flu go away, don't come again another day!

Poor Mikey....it got him this weekend! He had to make an emergency stop on the off-ramp of the freeway yesterday to barf! Ugh! All three kids had it a week ago (on the same day, thank goodness), but Mike's is lasting longer!

The kids and I met Scott & Kellie and fam on Thursday at Copper Hills High School to watch Brock play football! When we got there we realized that none of us knew his jersey number! After a few unproductive phone calls and Kellie and I telepathically telling the boys to take off their helmets, we saw Brock!

He played great! What a tough kid! We missed his great moment of the game, however, because we were late. (The game started at 4pm, but all the kids get out of school at 3:30p and it wasn't possible to be there on time.) He picked off a pass and ran it back for 20 yards!

It was fun to watch him and it made me 'football hungry' again! Every year about this time I start 'craving' football! More specifically, Utah football! We were wanting season tickets again this year, but it didn't work out. Let's hope for another fun year!

Since my camera is still D.O.A., I'll have to just update without photos! We had a ward activity last night. Yep, Mike had to miss it! He did contribute, though. Even though he was deathly ill, he ran to the store to get root beer EXTRACT. I had been to 5 stores and all I could find was root beer CONCENTRATE....not the same thing. :) I ran out of time, and so he ran to find some. The root beer was a hit!

We had a picnic at Angel Street Park. The Primary did some games. Our awesome high councilman brought his snow cone machine and cotton candy machine again. He and his wife are really cool! We had our 3rd annual Men Only Dessert Contest. Good food, lots of people and lots of chatting/mingling....perfect evening!

I missed having Mikey there. The whole committee was really good pulling this thing off, though. We have been blessed with great people to work with! I was so spent and tired today, though. I could tell because I just cried through Relief Society. The women were in there because of the visiting teaching conference. If I had been in Young Womens, I'm sure I wouldn't have melted down! There was something about the message and also being able to relax and only think about what the Bishop and Monica Jergensen were speaking about that set me off. I love Rachel Orison because she was sitting by me and wrapped her arm around me and didn't ask questions.

I came home and after taking care of lunch, got in a good nap! Now I'm good to go! If we can just get Mikey feeling better....

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm so glad you had someone to put an arm around you....sometimes that's all we need to keep going! Hope you all get better!

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Ah Jill...I just love you! :)