Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"I'm so glad school is back in!"

The title is a direct quote from Sydney! She is so excited to be back at school. We must have had a boring summer! She would have me print off math pages and she learned how to tell time this summer. Her mind is soaking up everything she can right now! Good thing for her, she now has a full-time teacher to fulfill that need to learn!
Sydney this year (above)
Sydney last year

Sydney has been an early riser anyway, but even more so that school is in. She usually wakes me up! She gets dressed, makes her bed, feeds Max and sometimes does her dish job. She always does her hair and she looks beautiful!

Amanda this year (above)Amanda last year!

Amanda isn't so glad that school is back in. But, she has been up all week on time and be able to make the bus. We have bus drama this year as the kids on Shadow Breeze are now on a different bus than the street her friends live on. After a few adjustments to that, I'm sure we'll all be fine.

Amanda likes her teacher so far, although she doesn't like it when the teacher gets mad at other students. I told her it's not you so why are you upset...Amanda took a summer enrichment class and so I'm sure she doesn't feel like summer was long enough!
Brandon starts school in a couple of weeks. He's excited to wear his spiderman backpack!
I miss having the girls home. I have bittersweet thoughts when school starts. I hate that the kids are growing up! And when school is in, the time flies faster! But, I am grateful for the routine and schedule of school. Things were getting out of hand: bedtime, cleaning, meal times....but it is fun to be spontaneous and not have so much responsibility!
Mike gave the kids their Father's Blessings on Sunday. He did a great job and it's always reassuring knowing that he has blessed them in the school year. We are so proud of our children and the people they are becoming. We know we don't say it enough to our kids, but WE LOVE YOU!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Jill, they are growing up way too fast. Can you believe how fast this summer went? They look adorable. I'll bet Brandon is gonna miss his big sissies!!

Makell said...

Jill -they look so big! I can't believe Syd and Amanda look so much older and grown up. I love Syd's pose :)
I feel the same way about school being in....
bitter sweet sweet sweet. haha

Alisa said...

Wow, look at Sydney pose! That is so cute! Amanda is really starting to look old, too!