Thursday, February 19, 2009

Switching it up!

We have now been in our house for 4 years! And it's really starting to show. We decided to patch up some nicks, etc. in the walls. This is just a sample of how bad it was! This wall used to have the toy box by it, thus the multiple problems.

(We haven't repainted the purple yet...that's why there is primer marks between the beds-we also haven't rehung most of the pictures, etc)
The girls were also ready for a change and since we aren't doing the basement yet, we decided to take their bunkbeds down! I just had to write this down because I thought it was so cute! It also made me so happy that my girls have each other!
The first night the beds were side by side, we put the kids to bed. Then, we heard giggling that went on forever! The girls were giggling because they could see each other! We now listen to them quite often in there at night just chatting away. I think this is one reason I'm not in a hurry to finish their rooms in the basement. These are great memories they are making!

4 comments:

d.r. gib said...

so how are the walls looking now?

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

I shared a room with my sister until I was about 14 years old. I loved getting my own room but, yeah, those memories of giggling and playing and sharing...good times.

Alisa said...

Their room looks very cute- I like the side by side beds!

Makell said...

My walls all look like that! I love the girls room with the beds down...I don't know if I would want to separate them either :)