Monday, February 9, 2009

Day 9 of Gratitude

So, we have been having a little sick run at our house. We had a really hard time with Brandon yesterday. On our way home from visiting the grandparents, he just cried the whole 1/2 hour ride! When we got home, we gave him some Tylenol and put him in bed. As I sat there rubbing his back (he was sooo upset), Mike & I decided we needed to take him in. Since it was 9:40p and there was only one KidsCare open in Bountiful, it was going to be close.

I drove as fast as I dared, Mike called the clinic, unbeknownst to me, and I arrived at 9:56p. When Mike talked to the KidsCare they said as long as I made it by 10p, then they would see us. I got a sleeping Brandon out of the car, ran up to the building, and the doors were locked! I couldn't see anyone inside. Don't you think they would be on the lookout for me? Well, I got back in the car, circled the building looking for any sign of people inside, and again when I didn't see a soul, I drove us back home.

Brandon slept in our bed with Mike and every 3 hours we were up giving him pain killers. He was restless and very sick. Here's where the story turns better.

Monday morning, I call our doctor and am able to make an appointment for 10:30am. The snow is coming down like crazy, but we trek to the doc's office. We see the doc, tell her that Sydney had just gotten over strep, they test Brandon....and it's strep! Now we know! He looked awful! People in the waiting room were commenting to me, etc. Ran into Nicole Francis there...she was so concerned she called us later that day. Anyway, I am grateful for the antibiotic shot! Brandon was so ticked off when we gave him the shot in his little bum, but already tonight we saw improvement!

He was able to sleep for 3 hours this afternoon, we got him to eat a little dinner (he hasn't been eating well), and he even played awhile with us before bedtime. We put him to bed on time and he's in there peacefully snoozing away!

3 comments:

Do anything you can afford said...

So sorry Brandon is sick. He was so talkative with me on Sunday I was surprised. He seemed a little bit tired, though. Thanks goodness for antibiotics.
I like your Gratitude blog. I have a gratitude poster on the wall behine the basement door, I should fill it out more.
Hope things are better at your house today. Loves

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

I am so sorry! Strep is the worst!

d.r. gib said...

That is a crazy story. Glad he seems to be feeling a bit better. Good luck!