Saturday, January 19, 2008

You know it's a bad week when....

I have a close friend who is going through a miscarriage right now. In addition, her hubby had taken her oldest skiing and left her with their 3 year old who is having a 'clean-out your colon' time because she was sooooo constipated. Not a good picture, huh. So, I thought I would make her some soup for dinner.

As you know, we have had an interesting week with the dog, stitches, girls missing school, Mikey business trip, sickness and then the normal stuff. Yesterday, both girls had gone to school all day (finally), and after they got home I had Amanda help me get Brandon down for a nap by laying on my bed with them and having him watch Amanda play the DS (it was early out Friday, so still a good napping hour). Within minutes he was snoozing and since Brando and I are sharing a terrible cold, I relaxed for a minute. Well, it was too long of a minute and my soup on the stove had boiled over! This is what I saw when I came back into the kitchen. Please witness my worst cooking mess ever. Look closely and see the burnt soup around the pot. Who knows how long it had been this way. And the smell! UGH! I hope the soup tasted better than the burnt smell we had in the house!



Thanks to my wonderful husband for cleaning the stovetop. He had gone skiing with some guys in the ward and when he got home, it looked like a bomb had exploded at our house! (And not just because of the soup disaster). We were lucky enough to leave the mess for the night and go out with the kids and Westenskows and we had a great time! We went to Iggy's for dinner and then watched the funniest movie at their house while the kids played with Eva's ginormous doll house! I was so grateful that Mikey stayed up with me after we got home to clean up a bit!

So, now that he's skiing with the girls this morning, Brando and I are on a cleaning mission! I'm ready to put this week in the books and start a fresh one! Soup anyone?

3 comments:

Makell said...

I'll take some soup!! We always need a meal around here....
I hope you were able to be blessed with a good no interruption cleaning day....yeah right!
We had so much fun last night - All day skiing today I was thinking of all the one liners and laughing to myself.... just remember...shakes come and go, but friends are furrrrrrrever!

d.r. gib said...

that is a mess, and sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope you and Brandon feel better fast.

Do anything you can afford said...

Burned potatoes smell really bad, too. Sometimes it takes a boil over to remind us not to leave food on the stove. Okay, I'm sorry for being "Mom". Sorry for the mess, I'm sure you paid for it big time by having to clean it up. Loves,