Monday, January 21, 2008

I didn't even know it was supposed to snow!

Or, I would have been nervous when Mike left this morning at 5am to go to the airport. Turns out, he sat on the runway (why do they always load the plane and then make you sit? I actually think it has to do with 'on-time' stats and they are on-time if they leave the gate) for 2 HOURS because of the snow! Not a fun start to your Monday morning!

The girls and neighbor, Larsen, sledding down Larsen's front steps, onto a skateboard ramp, and eventually on top of each other!

The kids and I had a better start! NO SCHOOL! And then, it SNOWED! We got about 4 inches and it's still snowing. Not too bad, unless your snowblower runs out of gas (we have gas, it's just not mixed) and you have to shovel the rest of the driveway. Mike felt so bad that I had to do that, but it's actually theraputic. The kids have been out sledding, playing Amazing Race (love that show), and I shoveled until I had to rescue Brandon from the deep and bring him in to warm up! We've had a great snow year and I'm just glad we didn't have to be anywhere today.
I am sorry Mike had to!
An update on our skiing weekend. The girls and Mike skied again Saturday and loved it! Mike and Sydney just skied together. After a minor adjustment with the 'edgy wedgy' (a band that goes on the tips of the skis to keep them together and has nothing to do with underwear), and Mike having to ski fast to catch Sydney when she 'skied outta control' on the bunny hill, they had a great day! The girls never want to leave! I'm so glad they are loving it!

2 comments:

d.r. gib said...

that is too bad that he was flying this morning. I hope that the weather is better when he comes back. have fun playing Amazing Race--- love TK and Rachel!

Makell said...

I actually don't mind shoveling snow, either. It's nice to get outside after a big storm and let the kids be kids instead of inside playing video games!
btw -Tell Mike that he can't wear the edgy wedgey...