Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I Won! I Won! I Won!

So, my girls saw the Tuesday Trivia prize on this show, which was ski package to Snowbasin Ski Resort, and said, "You have WIN that!" So, I went the computer and entered and
lo and behold....I WON!!!

The crazy thing was I had scheduled a group piano lesson for today at 10am! Nicea called at about 20 minutes to 10a, told me the question and told me to call them back at 9:59a! I'm thinking...I'm going to have a piano room full of kids by then! My students started showing up and I was calling into the station and it was ringing, and ringing, and ringing and ringing. Seriously for about 5 minutes and I thought I was going to lose my prize! I started my group lesson which was having each student play their recital pieces for their peers. Finally, the girl answered, transfered me to the 'sound guy' and I waited for the ladies to talk to me!

Now the really bad thing is my TV didn't record the show! I was so bummed! Of all the days...I really wanted to see if I sounded like a dork! I had some friends call me and say that they had heard me and I sounded great and they were so excited for me to win! Fun way to start the day!

Since the girls are out of school again today (some quality teaching day or something), we are going to take a little road trip to the city! Ciao!

6 comments:

Hillary said...

CONGRATS!!! How exciting-what exactly did you win(ski tickets? A night at a hotel up there? skiis?)? What did you have to do to win it? (Answer a trivia question or anything goofy?)

Way to go!!!

Jill said...

I guess I wasn't clear on how I won, right? You enter on their website. If your name gets drawn, they call you and ask you a trivia question about yesterday's show! I won 4 ski passes and a 2 night stay in a 'luxury condo'. Mike & the girls are so excited! Ok, I am, too!

Makell said...

Well Done little ski bunny! I'm so excited for you!!!!!
Sounds like heaven.....

Roger Gibson said...

How fun! That's perfect with your girls learning how to ski. And I'm sorry to hear about Mater. It will be good in the long run. It's funny, because when I read your blog and saw he was given to a family in WJ I realized that someone had recently posted signs of a missing Shih Tzu on our street. Kate and I immediately walked to the post to see if it was Mater. The flyer didn't give a name but this dog had been missing since 1/15 and it/she had a pony tail in. Have fun in Snow Basin!

d.r. gib said...

that is so cool. I always want to enter those contest, but never think I would get picked, I guess I should try. that will be so fun!

Staci said...

Ok cuz!!! NOW I'm JEALOUS! What fun! I love Good Things Utah! Way to go! That sounds like a blast! LOVE YA