Sunday, January 27, 2008

We Love Pres. Hinckley

We, as a family, are so saddened by the passing of our beloved prophet,
President Gordon B. Hinckley
Yet, we know of the sweet reunion that is occuring on the other side of the veil.

We have had opportunities to see and hear President Hinckley in person. Our kids have been a few feet away from him and been able to wave and receive his return wave and smile. What a beautiful opportunity our children had to be so close the prophet. I even rode in an elevator with him once, and I was so surprised to see him there, that I was completely tongue-tied!

There are not words to describe what he has done for our faith. His life will not be able to be briefly summed up. He was an amazing man and servant of our Heavenly Father. Whenever I would hear him speak in Conference, he had a way of making you feel good about what you are and what you are doing. Our religion is strict and there are many times I feel guilty about the things I'm not doing, but I would always feel great and renewed after hearing from
President Hinckely.
Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.
He will be greatly missed by our family.

3 comments:

Makell said...

I agree with you when you said that Pres. Hinkley always made you feel great about what you are and what you are doing. He always gave us praise and lifted others up. Well, you inspired me to write down a few of my own thoughts as well...I want my kids to know about him and I want to be able to remember the traits and characteristics he possessed. What an amazing life he lived.

Staci said...

That is a wonderful picture of President Hinckley! I love him with all my heart! What an amazing man! Can you imagine the welcome he received on the other side of the veil? Thanks for sharing your thoughts cuz! I've missed ya! It's been awhile since I've posted. Time has flown by the past couple of weeks. LOVE YA!

Do anything you can afford said...

He will be missed by all of us. thanks for your thoughts and the beautiful picture.
Loves