Sunday, July 1, 2007

School's out!

Yea! I feel like I had the longest last week of school and I'm so glad it's finally out! Going through June has not been a fun experience. I had to help with Field Day on Thursday and it was hot! But, it was fun to see Amanda and her classmates. There was a dunking tank and Mrs. Barton being the great sport she is let those kids dunk her over and over and over! She even got injured in the process and she had a migraine. It made their day to dump her in the water!


Now, an attempt to run down the rest of the week...


Wednesday night, Mike decided we should put the kids to bed, get a sitter and go see the 10pm showing of Pirates. It was fun to get out alone. We've been out, but usually with friends and it was nice to have some one-on-one and to stay up past 11pm made me feel like we were dating again! We liked the movie ok. There was a lot going on as far as storylines.



Brandon did great his last couple of swimming lessons! His teacher, Bri, has him doing a backfloat with his hands up under his head. Now, I'm thinking this is how he got his ear infection! Maybe he got some water in his ear from that and since the tube is gone in his left ear, it won't drain....probaby not medically correct, but Mommy intuition. He hasn't slept for 3 nights. We've been up like he's a newborn and I'm not handling it well. I feel a little warm tonight. ANYWAY, he's now on meds and I hope it goes away (last time it got worse and we had to do antibiotic shots!). Ask Mike about taking him to the doctor and what he wrote on the 'symptoms' chart. Ask him who was right!



Saturday we had a family yard sale! I got the bug a few weeks ago and asked my sibs if they wanted to do one. We talked my Mom into using her yard...thanks, Mom! I think it was a success! Darin sold his breadmaker and I think everyone came out with less junk and more $$

The cute pregger sis-in-laws and Amanda in the garage part of the 'garage' sale! The little girls sold treats and drinks and did great business! A quick lunch to Wendy's with G&G Gib after was the highlight for the kids. Thanks for taking the leftover stuff to the D.I. M&D! After we got home, Mike decided we should go see Ratattouille (I'm sure I spelled it wrong). The kids loved it, but good-night, it was long! The kids were soooo tired! We headed to Cafe Rio for dinner and home to bed!

Mike is on a business trip for a couple of days and I'm hoping that the kids sleep in tomorrow! I'm preparing the chore charts and am excited for some extra help keeping the house clean! I'm hoping Brandon will finally sleep tonight!

Oh, Darin & Kat blessed their baby today. I am always amazed at the power of the Priesthood and how the feeling just fills a room. D has some good buddies from high school that came to help and Kat's friends were there. I think they are so lucky to have support from friends, as well as their awesome family. Makayla is so sweet and Sydney and Amanda begged to hold her during the meeting. They did a great job and felt pretty special holding the guest of honor! Brandon was fascinated by 'baby hands' and 'baby toes'...it was fun to see him respond to her.

We also had a Activities meeting today. Mike and I chair this for our ward and I'm so excited about some of the activities we have planned! I'll keep you posted on those. Time for a trip to St. George (I know...run away to the heat!) to catch our breath. It's so relaxing for us down there. We want to see Uncle Bud's new putting green in his backyard! Fore!

Thanks for reading the boring details of this week, but sometimes it's nice for me to write them down to understand why I have felt so crazy and why I'm so tired! ttfn

No comments: