Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Happy Pioneer Day!

I love this holiday! I love to remember the pioneers. I remember reading about the pioneers as a child and loving the descriptions of their lives. I always knew that I could be a pioneer child that was strong enough to cross the plains. Now that I'm older, I don't believe that anymore! I'm fascinated how they managed to live off the land. After a school field trip to the Lion House and Beehive House, I wanted to live there. I'm so grateful for their sacrifice!

I wish we were doing something more exciting for today. Mike has to work! But, this morning he ran the Des News 10K. He did a great job, especially because he didn't train at all for this race! I was trying to remember the last time he took a run and it wasn't even last week! So, we are so proud of him! I dragged the kids out of bed at 6am and we went to Liberty Park to watch their Daddy cross the finish line and cheer him on! We also saw Uncle Matt and cousin, Ryan, running! Amanda really wants to run with her Daddy next year! Great job, honey! We love you!
We came home and watched the parade on tv. Our former bishop in Murray was in charge of a float for our former stake and it turned out beautiful! He was so upset that he was given this calling! We told him it was because he's a guy that gets things done, not that he needs to be the creative one (he's an accountant!). That was fun to see the float.
We did end up having plans for that evening! Our neighbors across the street, McClearys, invited us over to swim and have a bbq. Jergensens and Barkers were also there. The kids had a blast! Brandon, although extremely cranky, went from the pool to the tramp to the bball court back to the pool. Finally, I sent Mike home to put B to bed! He wore me out! Good fun! We also did our last 5 fireworks with the Francis' who had one big finale firework. Nicole has been fighting with kidney stones for a week now....to the point of hospitalization. Poor thing! After we were done with the Francis' fireworks, we walked down the street to the Bauerlee's and saw theirs. I had to call it a night at that point because I was worn out!

1 comment: