Friday, April 15, 2011

More spring break

Mikey is working late(r than usual) tonight because they have a big phone conversion going on. Plus, he has people calling him about their taxes....taxes which he said he wanted to cut back on this year due to that busy work schedule....and all this has given him a kidney stone! Well, it was happening last night (after he got home from a church meeting and was on his way to a neighborhood HOA meeting-which I made him stay home from because of said stone) and either passed or moved out of the way last night! I'm hoping he gets some rest this weekend.....probably won't happen.

ANYWAY, my point in telling you that Mike is working late is that I have a little time to blog! I just dropped Amanda and 3 of her friends at the movies. B & Sydney are in the family room, dropping in on me occasionally to complain about something. I just nod my head and say, 'uh uh' or 'yep' and eventually they leave. Not that I'm not concerned for their complaints, it's just that I've heard them all day and now I just want to sit quietly and remember last week in the sun and how we had no responsibilities!

The Jensens came down on Sunday and spent the whole week with us! We relaxed, watched the last of Conference and had our version of Cafe Rio salads for dinner. Yum!

There is a great new park just a stones throw away from the St. Gorgeous house. Elise and I took the kids there on Monday morning while Mike, Darin & Spencer (Mike's boss) played some golf. We stayed there way longer than we expected. Elise ran to grab Subway for lunch since the kids were so entertained. We ran into our neighbor, Heather Tippetts, and found out her mom-in-law has a place in the same development as ours!

I got just a few pictures of the kids. No Amanda or Chase for some reason. Sydney and Justin just chatted away. The kids all ran 'zig-zag' down the big hill.

Brandon followed Nash around copying all the 'boy stuff' he was doing. It was nice for Brando to have boys around to do 'boy' stuff with this week!

We had to drag the kids away to go swimming if you can believe it! Mike's boss, Spencer, and his family were staying just around the corner from us and invited us to use their pool. It was really nice, big and it was fun to sit and chat with the Joneses. Elise and I decided to quickly go grocery shopping while everyone was contained. It's quite a chore and some $ trying to feed 12 people, but we planned it about right!


Tuesday, we went to Zions Nat'l Park. It was great weather for the first part of the week, so we needed to cram everything in! The first thing we noticed was that there was a lot of water at Weeping Rock! In all the years we have gone to Zions, I'm not sure we have ever seen so much water!

The pictures of our family and Jensens didn't turn out too well, but it was a great hike and fun! Stay tuned for more....

No comments: