Sunday, April 19, 2009

Oops, we did it again!

There is much to update, but for now I will only update the most recent occurence in the Arvy household....we have a new puppy-a sweet little golden retriever! His name is Max or Maximus! Brandon named him after his bff's dog, Max, who is some sort of labradoodle. Then, remembering that Staci & Kevin also have a newer doggy, also a golden retriever, I went to their blog to see what they named their baby...also Max! What a good solid dog name! Now, we have the 3 Max-ateers!
ANYWAY, Mike started negotiating with a breeder after seeing this litter advertised on KSL. I know Mike has wanted another dog and the kids have certainly been begging for a least a year.
Then, Amanda had to write a persuasive essay for school. It is as follows:

I Want A Dog!

I want a dog! I want a cute puppy! I want another dog! We could get a samoyed! Please! Dogs are cute! Dogs can get the newspaper! Dogs are good listeners! This time I will walk it. He can sleep in my room!

I would help clean up the poop! We wouldn't be bored anymore! Hanalee & I would take him on walks. The dog would be my responsibility.

I will pay for the food! On KSL, there are 5 free dogs! I will pay for the toys! Samoyeds are really good dogs.

I want a dog! Please! They are cute and cuddly! I will brush it! I will get the hair off of the couches! Please! I love dogs!



Well, we didn't get a Samoyed, but an adorable little golden. The breeder called back and said we could take him for our lowest offer! He is cute and so far doesn't like to go on walks, so the girls carry him everywhere! He loves to take naps and sometimes when they kids are playing with him, he just has to go lay down! He gets so worn out!


The first night we brought him home (and after the kids played with him), we gave him a bath (he needed it sooo bad! and then he actually looked like he was enjoying it!). The kids wrapped him in a towel and he fell asleep! Can you say, 'Already spoiled?'

6 comments:

d.r. gib said...

You guys are crazy! But he is way cute, we will have to come meet little Max.

Tiffany said...

Puppies are so much fun!!! He is adorable!!

Do anything you can afford said...

Wow! What a surprise. Iknew the kids wanted another dog, but I thought it was way in the future. He looks very cute and I'm sure you all will enjoy him, right? Now I can give you the CD I bought for you last year - it's from the Dog Whisperer. Hopefully it will help.
Loves

Makell said...

ohhhhh Jill! Coming from one puppy owner to another - good luck!!! He's way cute and my favorite part about Amanda's essay is where she says, "this time I'll walk him" haha That's so cute.
Are you going to have him inside or out? We'll have to have puppy playdates soon. :)

Alisa said...

Cute, cute, cute.

Cath said...

Max seems like a sweet little guy. No nipping or biting right?? How fun for the kids! Looks like the honeymoon phase to me... our girls will love meeting Max!