Thursday, April 2, 2009

Mike's new profession!

It was quite a climb into the truck for the kids!

So, Mike is changing jobs...he's becoming a truck driver! I told you the moving profession has really been hurting during this recession!
Just joking...but he is driving this truck to Denver today, along with his boss, Spencer, (who is also driving a truck over). They will arrive tonight, go to the Denver Nuggets vs Utah Jazz game tonight, and then fly home tomorrow night!
He told the kids he would drive them to the bus stop in the truck and they were all over that! Brandon was most excited (no, he wasn't going to school, but went for a ride). Mike took them for a little ride and when he arrived at the bus stop, I could hear the neighborhood kids scream, 'Wow! Look at Amanda & Sydney!' Quite cute. Mike drove back to drop Brandon off and pick up his bags. Brandon said he wanted to go with Dad to Denver. Although I wish they could have a Father/Son bonding road trip....it just ain't gonna happen.

Bye-bye!
Yesterday was April Fool's Day. Sydney woke up at the crack of down and I could hear her sneaking around. She went into our shower and stole the soap. Then, she came in and flashed our bedroom lights. She was quite mischievous!
So, I went to get them up (officially) for school. I told them that it had snow so high last night that school was cancelled. Since we really had a storm the previous night, they totally believed me until a peek out the window proved me wrong.
Next, they ran into Dad who also told them that on the news (that he'd been watching) it said that school was cancelled! I felt bad telling him I had already done that one.


So, Sydney's mischief came from her Daddy. Mike called me later that morning to tell me all the pranks he had pulled that morning on his co-workers and friends.
First, pretty mild...lotion on the phone handset and then calling the person. Tape on the bottom of someone's computer mouse so it wouldn't work. Paper punch remnants in someone's drawer.
Then, he said he put an ad (or pretended...I didn't get that straight) on KSL that his friend's were selling a stripper pole and then he had people in his office call their office asking about the ad. They had a great laugh over this one. Pretty clever, Mikey.
Then, to get Mike, some of the ladies at work put Oreo cookies all over his car and wrote on the windows "Happy 50th Birthday Old Man"
I wish so bad he hadn't washed it before I saw it, but he refused to drive it very far (just to the car wash). He actually wouldn't even drive it when he went to lunch...he borrowed one of the company vehicles!
Our April Fool's Day was capped off in the evening. Mike & I have been taking a class on Wednesdays, and so when we got home, the kids looked very happy....too happy.
Anyway, we got them to bed and watched the girls as they climbed into their beds....which I had short-sheeted earlier in the day! They giggled and giggled. I told them that Dad & I had the last laugh and they told us that they still had something up their sleeves!
So, we figured they must have short-sheeted us! Pretty good for their first try! We heard them in their beds just giggling away, so Mike got into bed and found their prank. That brought on hysterics! It took the girls forever to calm down, but we had a fun April Fool's Day!

4 comments:

d.r. gib said...

you guys are so silly!

Roger Gibson said...

That's pretty cool. We are lame and don't really do anything. That will have to change next year. I like the cancellation of school idea.

Do anything you can afford said...

That would have been a fun trip for Brandon although he would probably get bored and then what would Mikey do. Oh well, maybe someday, too soon, they will doing the road trip thing.

Makell said...

Oh the ksl add was hysterical! I thought Kerry had said it was Jarum - I didn't know Mike was behind it all. That's pretty darn good. I'm impressed with his ability to tease and harass. It's very highly skilled work he'd doing there!
Hey what was Mike's handle while he was living the life of a trucker? Let's let the guys think of a good one - they'll do it justice!
You're a fun mom - l love that your kids are learning all of this from you!