Saturday, October 11, 2008

Who's that girl?

It's Nutcracker picture day. This means I woke up at 5am...not that I needed to, it's just that I don't have to get up that early anymore and I don't have faith that my alarm clock will wake me up! I had to be at the ballet studio at 6:45am to do my 'shift'....mandatory volunteering. It was actually fun and exciting to see all the girls in their costumes and make-up!
I helped mostly with the jr high/high school girls and it made me excited that my girls may someday be doing the same thing!


Amanda and I talked just recently about what activities she can give up as we try to simplify, and she always says that she'll probably quit ballet at the end of the year. Then, when it comes time to sign up....she wants to go another year!
After this morning, I felt for the first time that I really don't either daughter to give up
ballet or dance.

Anyway......here is a picture of Amanda's Blue Soldier make-up. Her pictures were at 2pm...now it's almost 7pm and she still is wearing the make-up. She's having fun!
Maddy L is in this picture and she is a buffoon this year.....the girls that go with Mother Buffoon. Amanda and Maddy did some make-up for Sydney...Syd just eats this stuff up!

Then, cute Brandon who loves getting his picture taken. But, usually by the time I get my camera ready...he's past the cute smile and has a more pensive look on his (messy) face!
It's gotten cold here today and we spent the day in the freezing air watching soccer games, going to McD's with Reed and Makaela for hot chocolate and watching the Utes play and beat the Cowboys! Go UTES!

1 comment:

emily said...

Jill, You are such a GOOD mom...it has been party central at your house!! So much fun! I love the pictures of your cute girls as babies...so cute!