Saturday, December 29, 2007

The after party!

I'm waiting for some photos to be e-mailed to me from my much better prepared Mom and D&Kat....hint, hint (of the kids from Scott Breen's studio)....but I thought I would also wrap up the after-parties! We have been to SL so much this week! And it's been a lot of fun!

Wednesday, Mike called us from work and suggested we take the kids to a movie! We went to see 'Alvin & the Chipmunks' and the kids loved it! Brandon actually sat through the entire thing! We were laughing because we used a gift card to go to this movie that we received LAST Christmas! I guess we don't get out much!
Thursday, my Mom had the Hook party at her house. We had a little dinner and enjoyed visiting with mostly the Openshaws....although we did chat with Don & Noorda. Roger brought over his Guitar Hero and so all the big and little kids hung out in the basement rocking out! I'm not sure if that's where my Mom would have preferred us being, but there was no turning back! I was particularly impressed with Cozette and her guitar skills! YOU ROCK!

We have been excited to have Evan & Jamie and the kids with us. They left to go back home today...which also happens to be Evan's birthday! I remember when I got the call that he was born. I was 11 years old and hoping for a sister. This was long enough ago that we didn't get the sneek peak. I was told he was a boy, and I just said, 'That's ok' but I was thinking, bummer.
But, he is such a fun brother and I really miss him since he's lived away from me for what feels like forever. I know I have blogged before that my brothers crack me up. I was remember when Evan was leaving for his mission from MO and the other brothers and I flew out for his farewell. None of our spouses were able to come that time. We all were out in the motorhome for some reason and got on one of those insane and stupid moments and I about pee'd my pants from laughing so hard! I love you boys!
And Happy Birthday, Evan! Be safe driving with your darling family.
Baby Chase and Jamie!

Cutie Carsyn, she's a kick! And she really loves this dress she got from D & Kat!

Rog & Evan
We got together with the Gibby's for a family photo yesterday. Like I have said before...with 10 kids 3 years and under we were prepared for a cry-fest, but they were awesome! We even got McKenzie with us and it was so fun to see her. I can't believe she's 11 years old! Hopefully, she knows how much we love and miss her. I'm looking forward to seeing how the pictures turned out. Afterward, we went back to my parent's house and had dinner and played more Guitar Hero. Now, Mikey wants one! Thank goodness he still has Christmas money left!
I picked up Scott & Kellie's kids for a sleep-over and that brings us to today! Amanda is taking ski lessons again and today is her first lesson. Zach went with Amanda and Mike to Snowbasin this morning. The other kids are just playing in the basement and having a good time from the sounds of it! Since I didn't send the camera, here are some photos from Amanda's first time skiing a couple of years ago. Next week, Mike will ski with the other parents we know while Amanda does her lesson. She LOVES to ski and I'm so glad she gets to go!

3 comments:

Kierstin said...

Hey Jill! I just happened upon your site when I was on Makell's so I thought I would check it out. It is really cute and it is fun to see the pictures of your fun holidays. It looks like you had your hands full with the kids stuff!

d and k gibson said...

Hey, I will take Amanda skiing any time. I love it and don't get to go as often as I would like. It was fun to read your wrap up, I will see if I have any good photos to send you.

Makell said...

Hi Girly -
Where did you put your kids in ski lessons? We had Eva and Ethan up at Brighton for 3 weeks in December, so they are ready to go again! I'm planning on taking them out as often as I can - lets plan a ski day together. The girls are probably about the same level - I think they would have a blast!
I've got a few ideas in mind to do it for less than an arm and a leg, so call me and we'll talk!