Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I'll take the Fifth(s)

Oh, poor Amanda and Mommy! We have Fifths Disease! The crazy thing, if you don't know much about it, is that by the time you show signs on Fifths, you aren't contagious anymore. Amanda had bright red cheeks on Saturday and Sunday and then had a rash all over her body on Monday morning. On Tuesday, I took her to her doc just in case they needed to test for strep, but he confirmed Fifths. I woke up with a rash on my arms and ankles and thighs yesterday and it's itchy! Other than feeling a little under the weather, that's all we have to deal with. Luckily, (or hopefully if someone hasn't announced anything yet) we weren't around any pregger gals. Amanda went back to school this morning with long sleeves! I hope no one makes fun of her because of her rash. I told her not to show anyone because they won't understand. It is a pretty dramatic rash.

On a happier note, we finished decorating the tree last night. Lots of help from our little ones. Brandon is especially excited about the snowmen ornaments and he sings 'Go Utes!' when he sees our Utah ornaments! I love seeing how excited the kids are about Christmas! Maybe the whole house will be decorated by the first of December and we can relax and enjoy the season!

3 comments:

Hillary said...

Wow, that sounds crazy! I've never heard of fifths disease before. Hopefully the rashes will go away soon and you guys will be feeling all better!

Phil, Kellie and Drew said...

Drew had that a few months ago. Scared me to death as my sister was pregnant at the time. No harm done to anyone - just an inconvenience. Gotta love the childhood nonsense we deal with - oh wait - how old are you???

Makell said...

I was wondering what you've been up to -sounds like you are having lots of fun at your house!! Hope you get feeling better soon!!