Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Utes and the Flu!

Thank Goodness for those flu shots! The kids and I all got what we thought were killer colds this week. BUT! It was really the flu. We know this because Mikey (who didn't get his flu shot) has the full blown flu and is completely wiped out! Poor Mikey....

We did, however, get him some flu meds so that we could go to the football game today. We had all 4 of Grandma and Papa's tickets since they are in New Zealand. We took the kids....and just imagine how much fun that was....NOT! They were good while they had dippin' dots and licorice, but once that ran out.....it was short of torture for me. At the very end of the 3rd quarter I took the car keys and told Mike I was just going to walk them around. We did walk around, went potty, and then went to the car and waited for the game to end. Mike said he debated leaving early to come find us, but decided to stay (sounds more like the old Mike, right Darin? Die-hard fan), and I was glad he stayed. I wanted him to be able to enjoy the game. It was a great night for football. The weather was amazing for mid-November! And chalk up a 'Dub-ya!"

2 comments:

Staci said...

Hey.. I'm proud of you for even making it to the 3rd quarter with the kiddos! Sorry you have been sick! But better to get it over with now before next weekend. We are so dang excited to hang out with you all in ST GORGEOUS! It will be a blast!

Staci said...

p.s.. you need to post the after pictures of your bedroom furniture! I'm excited to see how it turned out! Loves