Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Flu Shot Wednesday

I took my kids to their pediatrician's office to get flu shots tonight. The mention of this caused great anxiety in the girls. Brandon, of course, didn't know what he was in for. We had to wait for a minute at the doctor's office and I have learned that anxiety makes our kids hyper! They were running around the office, Sydney was saying 'Oh no you did'unt' and making the office gals laugh. Finally, our cute nurse, Eldean called us back to give the kids the shots. The girls went first and then Brandon. After he was done, he looked right at Eldean and said, 'That really hurt.' He repeated this about 4 times looking at Eldean! When we went to check-out and get stickers, Eldean followed us out and he told her one more time, 'That really hurt!' That got all the office gals laughing! Very cute moment!

Good news with my Dad. His angiogram went well and they didn't see any blockage or problems. Thank Heaven! At one time thought I would stop and visit him tonight, but after how the kids acted at the dr.'s I knew that wasn't happening!

I have finished painting my nightstands! Yippee! I don't know how it happened, but today I had an hour to go out and paint! Maybe they'll be in place when Mike gets home. I need some cute lamps. Any suggestions?

And, per Kat's request....here is another stress-relieving giggle thought:
"I'm not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers. We are the president." -- Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents.

Ok, one more:
Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life." -- Brooke Shields, during an interview to become spokesperson for federal anti-smoking campaign .

4 comments:

Chris Grover said...

ohhh shots! i about died when they gave kaiya four at her last appointment! it's more painful for mom, i think! i love those quotes at the bottom -- classic!

Staci said...

Ok, I just read your comment that you tagged me! Not sure how I missed that. I'll respond asap! Love ya!

Staci said...

p.s. can't wait to see your bedroom all done! Post an after picture when you can!

d.r. gib said...

those darn shots. Watch out, my kid's colds started 2 days after their flu shots and Makayla's turned into a sinus infection. So stay healthy!