Sunday, November 4, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Can we get going?

Our neighborhood has a fun tradition of meeting before trick-or-treating in someone's garage and having dinner. Then, the kids hook up, the parent who is manning the door for treats dashes home and 'let the games begin!'

I usually man the door at our house. This year was fun because it was light out when everyone started! And warm! Brandon didn't wear his costume. He loves Thomas, but it wasn't happening! Amanda took off with her friends and we didn't see her for a couple of hours. Sydney went with Daddy and B and Francis'. We had soooo many kids! I went through 10 bags of candy! Since it was warm enough, I sat out on the steps and handed out the candy. Mater helped me, but I had to keep getting his nose out of the candy bowl.


I went to Sydney's classroom earlier on Halloween and helped with the party. Our school didn't allow costumes this year. I was really bummed and don't quite get the reasoning, but wasn't upset enough to stir the pot!


The, sickness hit our house! Amanda came down with a fever on Wednesday night, but luckily it was gone Thursday and she went to school. I volunteered in Amanda's class Thursday morning and Sydney didn't want to go to the gal I trade babysitting with so I took her. Just as we were about to go home, Sydney told me she really didn't feel good and we ran outside just in time for her to barf in the playground garbage can! You know, I can handle a lot of things, but throw-up gets to me.

She stayed home from school (obviously) and only got sick one more time, which was good because it was also my night to host Recipe Group. Our theme was apples and we had a great time! I'll have top post some of the recipes on my sis-in-laws recipe blog that I'm supposed to be contributing to! (Sorry, Hill!). http://recipesyummyrecipes.blogspot.com/


Everyone was better by Friday and we took the kids up to Park City for the night. We had a relaxing time and went to see 'Bee Movie' which is pretty funny!

2 comments:

Roger Gibson said...

Wow! Nice costumes. I wish our neighborhood would've started earlier but it was dusk and pretty cold when it got going. It's so fun to dress the kids up, isn't it? . . .especially when they like their costume. I had the same problem with Elyse not wanting to wear her Elmo costume last year.

d.r. gib said...

the look great. We were up in park City Friday night too for Darin's work retreat. That is funny. I want to take Zach to see that movie. Sorry about the kids being sick, but glad they are feeling better.