Sunday, September 23, 2007

Welcome to Birthday Week!


Present time!
Game time!
Mike has tried to make Birthday a month long, but I trying to get it down to one week. This week is SYDNEY's birthday week! We gave her a little friend party. Way low key and back to good old fashioned backyard fun! She had cute little friends over and we played all sorts of backyard games from Duck, Duck, Goose to Red Light, Green Light and more! She wanted cupcakes instead of cake....YEA for me! For her goodie bags we made candy/prize necklaces. Thank goodness my friend, Nicole, came over and helped me get throught the necklace part. Fun day. A couple of hours later when Mike got home, we left for St. George! But, not before stopping to see Cozette and new baby, Garrett! He's sooooo stinkin' cute!

We left St. George early afternoon to go play in Vegas before the game...which I will NOT be talking about..thank you. Except that I would like to say, if you are going to sit behind me and drink beer, PLEASE do NOT spill it on me and my children! Thank you.
The fam at the Factory! No cheesecake this day....but we are excited when it comes to the town near us!
We went to Ceasar's Palace because that's where Cheesecake Factory is. We haven't been in this hotel before and we really liked it. The kids loved it because there is a FAO Schwartz there and they all got something fun. Now, we will skip the part of us going to the humiliating game...

on the way home, Mike was SO tired and I was tired and my contacts (which do this often late at night) were blurry and we were a bit frightened about getting through the canyon between Mesquite and St. George. Luckily, we were blessed and made it home alive!
Cute Grandma helping Sydney out.
Jace offering his assistance opening Sydney's gift. She refused his offer.
It's twins! Can you believe Cabbage Patch kids are back?
Papa Gib, Andrew (Happy Bday Mr. 16!), Kris, Brock, Grandma A...Happy Bday tomorrow!
Amanda gets a birthday gift from G&G Arv tonight because they will be gone on her birthday. She was so excited!
We were on a time schedule to get back home to Kville today. We were having the grandparents and Kristine's family over for dinner. Her son, Brock, and Sydney share the same birthday! So, we decided to celebrate together. Mike was so tired from driving so much and being up so late (and he really hasn't slept in weeks) that he crashed (fell asleep)! I sent him to take a nap this morning while I cleaned the house and packed up the car. When I woke him up to go, he was a little out of it still. He couldn't believe how out of it he was. Sad, huh! But, we got home in time and we had a nice night and now that it's raining hard...we are flooding in our basement again. Curse word. Thanks to the Grandmas and Grandpas for the fun presents and to everyone for coming over tonight! I don't think I'm ready to start another week, but here we go!

1 comment:

d.r. gib said...

Sounds like fun! We won't talk about the game either--ugh!