Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I miss you!

I miss my honey when he goes on business trips. In fact, all of us left at home really miss him. I think we realize that our family isn't complete without him. Little Sydney cried her eyes out the night before Mike left. Amanda has been e-mailing him every day. I have been stress eating. Brandon has even told Mike 'I love you' on the phone....the first time he's ever said 'I love you!'

So, I stay up late....stalling about going to bed. It's 12:30am and I'm still lurking on other's blogs. Brandon is still sleeping in our bed because I haven't moved him yet. Maybe I don't want to be alone in my own room!

I'm so glad that Mike doesn't have to travel very much. Before we had kids, he took a job that had him gone all week. It was hard then and I at least had a job to go to. But, I'm so glad we realized that this wasn't how we wanted to live....only together on the weekends. I am grateful that the travel is limited....can you imagine how crazy we would be at home if he were gone more?

2 comments:

Roger Gibson said...

Thankfully Roger has not had to travel in his career. We hate it when he is gone - which was only for a few days at YM camp in August but it seemed like forever. It's bad enough being home alone all day with the kids. All of us so much look forward to daddy walking through that door every night.

Jamie and Family said...

oh my gosh, i feel the same way. i can't imagine a life of a traveling husband. i'd go insane.

i just looked at your moms blog and saw a cute family pic of you guys. I realized that i never get to see pics of you!! you look so good!! mom is always behind the camera, huh?