Thursday, September 20, 2007

Not Again!

Brandon's new shiner...left eye under his eyebrow
Since I grew up with 4 brothers, I know that accidents always happen. Now that I have my own son, I know that accidents constantly happen! Today, we had another Brandon accident.

He was sitting next to Sydney who was playing on the computer, when he fell off the chair and hit the desk. I was outside trying to finish mowing the lawn. That job was interrupted 2 days earlier because Mater bit Brandon's ear and drew blood and lots of tears. I told Mike that I guess I'm not supposed to mow the lawn this week.

Anyway, Sydney came to me in the backyard ushering her little brother with blood dripping down his face. I could tell from across the yard that this would be stitches. So, I called Mike and told him what I thought. He told me he would come up and help me. Honestly, that was the best thing he could have done for me today. For some reason, I was feeling really drained trying to deal with this minor injury. I was so glad to have my hubby there to support me and comfort our son.

Brandon did not like the doctor or the exam table. He's been to too many doctors and knows what is going on. We bribed him with a lot of dum-dum suckers (God bless the person who invented those!) and had to hold him down as he screamed in protest!

When he was all glued up, the tears stopped and we went to Cafe Rio for lunch before Mike headed back to work! Brandon fell asleep on the way home and took a good 3 hour nap today! So, as soon as I got Sydney on the school bus, my house was pleasantly quiet (a rare occurence).

I always feel so bad when my children are hurting. It's hard to look into their sad little faces and try to tell them that everything will be ok. But, you can tell by the time I took these pictures, he was pretty proud of his new wounds!





No comments: