Thursday, May 31, 2007

Before the Wicked Weekend

So, I'm so glad that June is finally here tomorrow! Mike and I have been struggling with a few things...mainly whether or not to stay put in Kaysville. We just aren't feeling like it's home and apparently a lot of people in our neighborhood are feeling this way because there are quite a few homes going up for sale. We are torn between moving back to SL or waiting it out up here to see if it gets better. Interesting to see the issues we are dealing with in our 30's are strangely like those we dealt with in our teens! Wouldn't you think those things would get easier?! ha, ha!

Being able to discuss things together without letting the kids know is a priority, because we don't want to stress them out, and that leaves limited time to discuss. We have talked about moving with the girls and although they don't want to move, they can be easily pacified with, 'You would get your own rooms!" Well, that works for Amanda. I'm not sure Sydney wants her own room. Just when I feel good about one decision, then the next day I feel the complete opposite is right for us. Lots of praying and pondering and hopefully the answer will become clear soon.

So anyway, I'm happy to say that we are able to leave this behind this weekend and take the girls to Denver to see 'Wicked.' We saw it in NYC last fall and loved it so much that when we got home Mike researched to see how close it was playing and booked this trip to take the girls. I am sad because we are leaving Brandon behind, but know he's in good hands with Aunt Kellie. I am really going to miss him, but it will be short. I will report when we get home. The hardest part is getting packed up and ready to go.

I'm hoping that a weekend away will shed a little light on our future and give us some perspective.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

if you're thinking of moving, have you considered Norwalk, CT??? It's a lovely place! just teasing. Good luck with that decision, I know how hard and stressful that deciosion can be-it took Steve & I forever to really feel right about moving out here.

I'm jealous that you get to go see Wicked again-have so much fun!!!!

Jamie and Family said...

that is so stressful and it's obviously such a huge decision. you have to follow your gut sometimes, even when it feels illogical and hard. it's also hard to make a decision like that when it effects your children so much (i.e. friends they will grow up with, th ward, etc). hope you get some clarity :-)

And I've wanted to see wicked for a long time. have fun!

Jamie