Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy St. George Mother's Day!











On Thursday, Mike and I decided it was time to hit the highway! He has been really stressed out with work and so we needed a change of scenery. Our favorite quick spot to get away to is St. George. We are fortunate to have Mike's parent's home to stay in when we go. We just went as our little family this time and can I tell you it was so much fun!
Grandpa has just put t.v.'s in all the bedrooms and the girls each got their own room! They thought it was so cool to watch their own t.v! Brandon did sleep in Sydney's room. A welcome change for Mike and me who usually have him in our room. We got there just after dinner time on Friday night. We stopped for dinner at Kan Kun Restuarant in Beaver. It's a great little mexican place if you ever get there.
Anyway, Saturday we went for a long bike ride with the kids. Around 11 miles. Mike pulled Brandon & Sydney in the bike trailer and Amanda and I rode our own bikes. We were so proud of Amanda for doing so well on this ride! St. George has great biking/running/walking trails that weave through the city. Similiar to the Jordan River Parkway in SL. So smart! I wish our little town did this....Anyway, we stopped at a little park and of course, Mike and Amanda ended up in a water fight! All the kids joined in and I managed to stay dry up until the very end. Then Amanda ambushed me! Mike made it to the top of the killer hill that leads to our place. Amanda and I made it about 3/4 of the way. It was such a fun time. I really, really enjoyed it. As soon as we hit the door, the girls changed into their swimsuits and we ran to the community pool. It's been 96+ in St. George and they don't heat this pool, but it was still freezing! I laughed because there was a cute little couple sitting around the pool reading quietly and here we come tromping in with the girls squealing with delight! They were trying to be polite, but only stayed about 5 minutes after we arrived!
After some great naptimes, we had movie night complete with the Gibson favorite, chocolate and popcorn! Sunday morning my cute hubby made me a wonderful Mother's Day bfast of shrimp and avacado omlet with Bernaise sauce. He's so gourmet! The girls showered me with their cute homemade gifts...the ones that just melt your heart! While we were waiting for the towels to dry so we could head home, we visited the Jacob Hamblin home in Santa Clara. I'm always fascinated by pioneers and their stories. When I was younger, I wanted to live in the Lion House!
We made a stop by each Grandma's house on our way back home. We are so lucky to have such wonderful Mothers in our lives. They are wonderful examples and I hope to be half the mother they are. They are wonderful Grandmas to our children. We love to see their eyes light up whenever their grandmas (and grandpas, for that matter) are around! Oh, Sydney lost another tooth. It was another dangler, and Aunt Kristine just lightly pulled it and out it came! I think Sydney was really surprised that Kris would have tried to get it out! She's having a hard time eating now!
It was such a wonderful weekend, we really didn't want it to end. Hopefully, Mike was rejuvenated. He did call and meet us for lunch today. I just giggle a little because we went to Su Casa and he and his buddies frequent there enough that they are friends with the servers. Jason helped us today and Mike was asking him questions about his new baby, etc. I thought that was really fun! Anyway, back to the grind today, although I have nothing to complain about.
Well, maybe just that every day could be a vacation!

1 comment:

Hillary said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I can't believe how big Brandon's getting and I can't believe how much he looks like Mike. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!