Tuesday, January 5, 2010

the antlers of Christmas


As a last minute Christmas errand, the girls and I decorated the antlers I won at our friend white elephant party. We thought they looked gorgeous! We sneaked up (well, it was still daylight) and left them on the Hollingsworth's doorstep! Then, headed to Grandma and Grandpa Gib's house for our traditional Chinese (and sushi) dinner and opening presents from our cousins.
When we returned from our Christmas Eve antics, the kids started getting ready for bed. Sydney looked at her window and said she saw a man running across the yard! I peeked out and realized that it was James 'returning' the antlers. We secretly watched him as he fastened the antlers to our light post....and there they stay...because they are frozen. I'm thinking that some Valentines Day decor will brighten them up and they will have a return trip back to their home!

2 comments:

Makell said...

Those are fantastic!! I'm dead serious - I need to find a pair of those to start passing around. Awesome

So I have totally missed your blog with the craziness lately I haven't been on much. But I love reading your posts - I've missed them :) See you next week at recipe group.

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

It reminds me a little bit of the Obama campaign poster that floated around between houses over here a year and a half ago. :) I'll have to look for your antlers next time I drive past your house. :)