Friday, January 15, 2010

Today, I was the driver for 'Temple Taxi.' It's this great little thing that our Young Women's leaders do for our girls. One Friday a month, we take the girls to the temple to do
Baptisms for the Dead.
We have to bring our 'own man' to do the baptisms and confirmations. Luckily, Michael came along. I was really grateful he could make it as work was really crazy at that moment. They are changing 'computer something' and were going 'live' at the same time he was supposed to meet us at the temple.
I had 6 girls show up to go to the temple with me. As we sat in the confirmation room, it was really fun to see Mike able to perform this ordinance. As he read a couple of the names, he told us that these people were from the city where he served his mission! Pretty amazing.....I dressed in the white onesie and got baptized right along with the girls! I don't think I have done this since I was a youth.


There was a time in our Murray ward that I went with a sister who hadn't been endowed to the temple to do baptisms, but we got turned away because we didn't bring family names. I always felt so bad that I didn't get to share a temple experience with Shawna. We did share a Krispy Kreme experience though. We figured if we were up at 5AM, we might as well do something fun!

It was a neat experience to have Mikey in the font, helping the cute girls from our ward to participate in the only thing they could do in the temple. I can't wait until Amanda gets into Beehives this October.

Hopefully, we'll be able to do this together again and Mike & I can be right there with her.

Of course, I had to take the girls for a treat after. We were running late because we got grouped with another ward. So, a quick run through McD's drive-through and I had some happy youth!

I'm really grateful for this calling. I sat in the temple with these girls and they asked me questions about the gospel. We discussed 'spiritual gifts' which was the topic of last week's lesson. I issued them a challenge to figure out what 'spiritual gifts' they feel they have and asked them to share for this week's lesson. I'm amazed at their spiritual maturity. I'm really blessed to be called to teach them. I think they are teaching me much more.

3 comments:

d.r. gib said...

those pictures are AMAZING!

Natty said...

Great post, Jill! You would be such a fun YW leader. The girls will definitely remember the experiences you have with them. p.s. would you please crack your windows a bit so you can hear me yelling from across the street? ;)

Jill said...

I pulled those pictures off the internet, but I thought they were gorgeous, too!

Nat, the windows are open! Yell away!