Sunday, May 17, 2009

Wheeler Farm

Brandon in the tree with his buddies! Mason is in the striped shirt, Matthew is in the blue sweatshirt and Spencer (also in blue sweatshirt) is hiding behind the boy with the red sleeves.
B's preschool class had a field trip to Wheeler Farm this past week! It has changed so much from the farm of my youth! They even had a tour guide that was really cute with the preschoolers. She even knew that Moms would want pictures and so she posed them at a few spots along the way.

It was fun to be in the warm sun (finally) and enjoying good company! Brandon was a little apprehensive about getting close to the animals. No doubt a sub-conscious reaction to his former pet and the 'incident' So, we just took it easy, and soon he warmed up.


We even got to take a hay ride on a wagon pulled by a tractor. It so great that Wheeler Farm still has so much land. You can see how the land around it has been built right up to the property line, but still there is this farm oasis in the middle of a bustling city.

Here's Brandon on the hayride. Emily, Spence's Mom and his little bro, Cooper. I didn't get them to pose because I was trying to take the picture before the wagon took off. Knowing how graceful I am, I would have been on the ground!

After the formal tour, we sat at some picnic tables and had lunch with our friends. It was great fun! Brandon and I decided to shop for his birthday while in SL and I could have stayed in town a little longer, but B was anxious to get home. He fell asleep on the way (YEA) and since he wakes up when I try to get him in the house, I helped deliver some flyers for the neighborhood party coming up. He got a good hour of sleep and that made for a happy afternoon!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I totally remember doing that same field trip with Trevor's class when he was 4~~wow, that was ten years ago. Time flies~