Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Bugs and Thugs

My whole day has consisted of 'terminating' 10 flies in our house (ok, 9...the 10th is still on the fly) and removing at least a billion flying ants from the pool on the waterslide! (First I tired to squirt them out with the hose, then sweep them out with a broom, finally I blew up the waterslide and used a bucket to go bug fishing). I think someone is messing with me!

There must have been a swarm of bugs last night....with our little party and the door to our house being pretty much open all night, and the overwhelming number of bugs in the pool...it's pretty good evidence of a bug invasion!

Then, a couple of weeks ago I found out I have a really, really low thyroid! I was semi-relieved, knowing that I wasn't in denial when I said I have been working my butt off to lose weight and the exercise is not getting easier and I'm gaining instead! I'm hoping that at least now when I try to lose weight, it will come off.

I know it's going to take awhile to get my meds right and that I have to stay on top of it. I have felt some improvement on some days, but today I feel like a thug! I tried to take a little nap, but when you have small children, that's a hard thing to do. Just when you get in a deep sleep, someone taps your head and needs something. So, I decided to just chalk up my accomplishments today in small numbers....9 dead flies and a billion flying ants outta the pool!

1 comment:

Makell said...

Did you ever have thyroid issues before? I'm so glad you found out what it was....at least now you can deal with it. It's so frustrating to come home from the Doc without any answers. Let me know how it all goes!