Sunday, July 20, 2008

Arvy's & the Lion House

Our legacy....in front of the temple that made us an eternal family!
We were treated to a special night by Jim & Renae last week. We had dinner at the Lion House in honor of Doug & Cath and Steve & Hillary being with us. We had a yummy dinner...it was just served at a snail's pace (when you have a ton of kids that want to eat faster). Afterward, we strolled along the COB plaza. The kids had a great time playing in the east fountain. It was a nice relaxing time to be with family and enjoy one another's company on a warm summer night.

Abi, Hillary, Stevie, Emma Lu Lu, and Mikey

The host & hostess
As a side note, when I was a child, my elementary school toured the Lion House and Beehive House. I remember coming home from that field trip and telling my Mom that I wanted to live at the Lion House. I felt a strange longing to be there and connect with the pioneers. The children always seemed to have such adventures in their day to day lives. I love this time of year as we celebrate the sacrifices of the pioneers in coming to and settling our beloved home.

Jace, Sydney, Amanda, Maddie, Zach and Brandon (playing pirate head) at the Kid Table Corvin, Kristine, Andrew and Brock Catherine, Sami, Doug & Ali Kellie, Emily & Scott Matt, Alisa, Kelsey and Eliza

1 comment:

Hillary said...

That was such a fun night, I am so glad it worked out. The kids are already missing their cousins, Abi keeps asking if we're still in Utah and where her cousins are. I am so glad we were able to see you a few times while we were in town.