Friday, May 16, 2008

Sing, sing a song....

Amanda and I went to my Mom's Symphonic concert. I was telling Amanda that I've probably been going to the annual concert for 30 years...give or take. This year my Dad got to sit next to us as he's not in the choir anymore. Thanks to Rog & Coze for saving us seats...which we didn't sit in! It wasn't personal.

Mom sang lovely and it was a nice concert. I have to say that one thing that impressed me with the audience. The last song was the Star Spangled Banner arranged by their conductor. He didn't cue us to stand or anything, but as they started to sing, 'Oh say can you see?' Everyone stood, hats off, hands on hearts.

I don't know why it struck me so important, but I was so happy that people remember to honor our country and our certain traditions.....as Mike and I were in D.C. at the Tomb of the Unknown Solider and saw the groups and groups of kids there on a field trip, I was so hoping that they would understand the importance and sacredness of what they were witnessing. I watched to make sure boys took off their hats and was so proud of my hubby as he did there as well as when we saw the funeral at Arlington....seriously, it brought a little tear to my eye.

I cringe as I hear Obama's wife criticize our country. I worry when I hear both of them say things that are contrary to the values our country was founded upon. I think people are being fooled by them. Not that they other two candidates are much better. I didn't mean for this to be a political post, but I'm proud of America and hope that people remember why we are such a great country. The best in the world!

Afterward, we met up with Janice, Matt & Jeff for a little dinner at Village Inn. Amanda pounded blueberry pancakes at 10 o'clock at night! Then, the sugar from her hot chocolate set in and she was ready to talk and party! We got the low-down on Jeff and Matt's women...be sure to ask! Do we hear wedding bells in the near future?

It was a fun night and thanks to Amanda for being my date! Mikey got to have a date night with Brando and Sydney at Taco Time and then they got slushee's from 7-11.

3 comments:

d.r. gib said...

now I am curious about Matt and Jeff's Lady friends hmmm. Cool for them. We are sorry we missed it. It is hard to find sitters on a weeknight, and with a sick baby, it would have been harder.

Jill said...

That's why Amanda was my date!

Makell said...

I feel the same way about the state of our country - Obama scares the bejeebies out of me. I wonder what the heck is going on sometimes...how are people so blinded by him?? It's like any ounce of commen sense is thrown out the window...