Thursday, May 1, 2008

More Washington DC

Getting caught back up. I had bad allergies yesterday and didn't get much done at all! Saturday, we tried to get tickets to go up in the Washington Monument, but they were all gone. So, we walked down to see the White House.
View of Lincoln Memorial and WWII Memorial from Washington Monument above. View from Washington Monument of the White House below.
The road right in front of the White House is closed and there is security everywhere. See the guard on top of the W.H. (left of the flag). It is such and impressive building! I wish we had gotten tour tickets, but we didn't realize how early you have to request them....next time.
The guard out front. He said we should walk around and see the back as we get a closer view.
I love the ginormus lantern and I'm sure last week, the tulips surrounding the waterfall were beautiful! Ok, short update....there is more, but I have to take Amanda to school!

2 comments:

d.r. gib said...

Sorry to hear about the allergies, I have been having the same problem the past week. Hope you are feeling better.

The pictures of the White House look so pretty, the grass is so green. How neat!

Makell said...

It looks like you guys had such a great trip!! I love that placce and the thing that's great about DC is that you feel like you could go back a hundred times and never see it all. Neat that you got to go out to Mount vernon - I would love to do that sometime. Maybe we should do a futre dc trip as couples?? hmm - keep it in mind!