Thursday, July 15, 2010

Week/month in Review

I have been thinking a lot today about our summer. It seems to have been short because June was sooo rainy, but then it seems like it's been long now that we are in the middle of July. Maybe I just have two personalities....hee, hee.

This will be a dry post. Mostly just for journaling purposes. Sometimes I forget to write down the everyday stuff and someday someone might find that interesting. Someday, I might just need to know a date that something happened....

We have mostly been home during the day. Amanda has been home more (due to girls and their friend issues.....they never end), and instead of pushing her out the door, I have been enjoying the time that she is home. The older she gets, I know that she'll be off doing things and not being home. So, I have chosen to chat with her and enjoy the time. Today, she did go swimming with Hanalee H. These two haven't hung out in awhile, so I'm glad to see them doing that today.

Amanda has been tending the Bott's baby, Ella, who is just tiny....we're talking 8 weeks old, maybe? She tends Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays from 7:15am to about 1:30ish. It's a great job for her. I'm sure it's teaching her a lot, but it's a lot of responsibility-so she took this week off. I stay home while she's tending, in case she needs help. I have gone to help a few times or watched the baby when Amanda has soccer, and it's fun. She's so cute and cuddles. But, it does make me glad we are done. I don't think I could start over now. Our kids are at great ages.

Amanda also has soccer speed training and soccer practice. She had a fundraiser, selling Fat Boys, and it was a blessing to get some help with the fees! Thanks to all our wonderful family, friends and neighbors who purchased the yummy ice cream!

Both girls have done another art class. I am trading piano lessons for art lessons and so the girls are getting 3 sessions this summer. They love art and are quite good! They must have a little Grandma Gib in them!


Sydney has been helping our neighbor, Natalie, playing with her 21 month boy, while she feeds her newborn twin boys. She's quite overwhelmed....who wouldn't be. So, Sydney heads over there when Natalie doesn't have someone there to help. Nat says she's been helpful. I think it's great service. Natalie and Chris keep asking what they can do for Sydney and she's good and just says nothing! I like to play with Drake! Her bff, Abby, is back now and so they have been having a great time playing! Today we went to lunch with her and Rachel, Lucy, & Brooks. It was fun, but short as Brooks threw up! Poor kid!

My friend, Elise and I got pedi's last week. It was so nice to chat with her while we got our feet pampered! I was using my Mom's day gift card and so it was even better! Then, all spa services were 20% off for July! Jackpot!



Saturday, Mike took Amanda to the Justin Bieber concert (see post), I dropped Sydney and Brandon off at Roger's house for Elyse's swim bday party and I headed to Rachel Medina's baptism. It was so great to be there with with Staci and her family...and so great to see Bud & Kay. We love them so much. Kevin did a great job and we headed to their house afterward for yummy lunch and Michele's Vintage Cupcake mini-cakes. Yum! My parents came up to Staci's after Elyse's party and brought Sydney and Brandon with them. It was fun to visit with my parentals, too. I love them so much, too! Sydney showed off her cute tie-dyed t-shirt she had made in activity days. It looks professional! Everyone said that Mike gets 'father of the year' award for taking Amanda to the concert!

I also saw a new doc who is all about getting my thyroid, hormones and weight under control! I was feeling relief after chatting with him. It's a continuing saga....my vitamin D was way low again, so I'm back on some super-supplements.

Sunday, Mike had to go to Grand Junction, CO. Their manager over there died in his sleep. He was 58. Scary. So, Mike has to go help get things moved around and under control. He'll probably be there next week, too. He works so hard. We can never thank him enough. I hope someday he can get the rest and relaxation he so deserves!

I had recipe group on Tuesday night. It was good to get there this month. We did freezer meals for Natalie. We learned how to make Nicole's mom's 1 hour bread. Yum! We stayed later than usual and it was great! My cute girls watched Makell's, Beckham, so she could come. Not that it was hard. He and Brandon hung out and did Star Wars stuff. I love Star Wars!

Yesterday, I taught piano, took dinner to the Taylor's and got the house ready for Mikey to get home! He drives when he goes to Grand Junction. It makes me nervous. So, I'm always relieved when he makes it back. I was a crying mess when he left on Sunday.

We are looking forward to the last day of art (I'll have to post their pictures), boating tomorrow night and a hot, but great, weekend! Mike will probably go to G.J. on Sunday again. We are going to have Rog & Coze's kids sleep over while Coze goes to girl's camp (she's the new YW pres in her ward-so both of them are going), the Pioneer Days float preview with the cousins, and Brandon has a couple of birthday parties to go to. So far, we haven't done anything on our list of stuff to do during the summer....better get busy on that!

So, if you read this far, congrats....it's over.

3 comments:

Do anything you can afford said...

I enjoy your record of your doings. However, it took all my time, and now I can't blog. Maybe later.LOL

Makell said...

Tell Amanda Thanks!! That was so nice to get out that week especially with all the cousins here. You're summer is cruisin!

Alisa said...

Sounds busy, busy, busy! But yet, fun!