Friday, March 19, 2010

Random St. Paddy's...

An update on Sydney's report: She wasn't completely without drama, but she did deliver her report and did awesome! Brandon and I were able to go see her. We were so proud. We immediately texted Daddy and let him know she did it! At the beginning of the month, we took our YW to the General YW offices for a tour. We had 2 of the board members show us around, speak with the girls and then take us to Sis. Dalton's office where this picture was taken. They also got to go to the YW Board room, sit around the table and also say the YW Theme. A really fun night....so I wanted to post the picture of some of our girls in the General YW President's office.


Now-I was trying to make St. Patrick's Day at little more fun than I usually do. I had acquired beforehand some treats that the Leprechauns could leave our kids. However, on Tuesday night while Mike was flying home from Denver and Sydney & I were partying with the Arvy's at Litza's for dinner and later PTC for a play, Amanda found said stash and proceeded to eat (and share) the 'gold' (rolos) and Lucky Charms with Brandon. Well, needless to say, the Leprechauns didn't visit that night and our kids were a little bummed when they heard that the Leprechauns had visited Harwood's and Francis'. Taye and Zoe came with cool St. Paddy's necklaces and told us how they found green pee in the toliets. Oh well, maybe next year.


I did make dinner semi-fun though. I dyed the eggs green.
The girls in our house loved it.
The boys (which includes Daddy) not so much.
Brandon told me, 'I am NOT eating that' and I had to make him a boring, normal-colored egg.
Sydney made the shamrock toast!

Now, they don't really go with the green eggs, but I also made guac with chips and later



brownies with mint chocolate chip ice cream!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: